yield: 6 cups
- 1 poblano pepper, Roasted (recipe follows)
- 1 medium size red onion, small dice
- 6 large size Roma tomatoes, small dice
- 1 med size can of corn, drained (approx 12oz)
- 1-2 limes
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Poblano Peppers
- Wash peppers under cold water. Pat dry and set over open flame until skin is completely charred and black, turning as needed. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Peel away charred skin of peppers with fingers, discard skin. Slice pepper in half and remove stem and seeds. Cut pepper into small dice.
Assembling the Salsa
- Combine the roasted diced poblano pepper, onions and tomatoes into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add corn, juice of 1-2 limes, cilantro, cumin, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- TASTE! Add salt and pepper to taste.